X-COM: UFO Defense
|Also known as:||
|Violence:||This game includes violence|
|Part of group:|
|DOSBox:||Supported (show details)|
Download from this site
|File||File type||File size|
Download full version
You can download the full version of X-COM: UFO Defense from the download stores listed below.
If you buy a game you don't only get the full version game, you also support DOS Games Archive. For every sale we receive a small fee from the download store which helps us to keep this free website alive. Thank you and have fun!
|Game title||Download site|
|X-COM: UFO Defense||Green Man Gaming|
|X-COM Complete Pack||Green Man Gaming|
NOTE: This game can be played in Windows directly using a third-party engine recreation (see the links section below).
Description (by MicroProse Software)
"This is an addictive strategy game that pits you against aliens terrorizing the Earth," said Carl Knoch, product manager. "You must command groups of scientists, engineers and soldiers as well as develop a strategy to ensure human survival."
As commander of X-COM, which is a covert organization formed by the world's governments to investigate and defeat the alien invasion, you:
- Intercept UFOs as they sweep across the Earth
- Track all alien activity on the Geoscope rotating globe display
- Plan a strategy for research and manufacture of captured technologies
- Take charge of tactical operations in the 3-D isometric Battlescope display
- Investigate UFO crash sites and alien bases
- Monitor the political situation
- "To really see the aliens come to life, turn off the lights because the bold colors and graphics show up even more", said Knoch.
- X-COM: UFO Defense official game site
- UFO2000 (X-COM clone) tip
- X-COM UFO
- UFO: Alien Invasion (X-COM clone)
- OpenXcom (X-COM recreation)
What do you think of this game? Please rate it below on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest score.