|Also known as:||Command & Conquer: Tiberium Dawn (working title), C&C (informal title)|
|Publisher:||Virgin Interactive Entertainment|
|More details:||Official game website, MobyGames, Wikipedia|
|Related games:||Liberated (former commercial), Open source, Command & Conquer, Windows native, Modern warfare, Remastered|
Play this game online
You can play Command & Conquer on this website so you don't need to download and install the game on your computer. We recommend to use Google Chrome when playing DOS games online.Play this game online
Download this game
Choose one of the files below to download.
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Buy full version game
You can download the full version of Command & Conquer from the download store listed below.
|Command & Conquer Remastered Collection||Steam|
This is a liberated game: it was originally commercial, but eventually Electronic Arts released the full version as freeware (please see the links section below for downloads).
NOTE: This game has a native Windows version and can also be played in Windows using a third-party engine recreation (see the links section below).
What do you think of Command & Conquer? Please rate the game below on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest score.
After a meteorite fell near the Tiber river, a strange alien substance began spreading across the Earth. Dubbed "Tiberium", this substance leeches natural resources from the ground and stores it in crystals that form on the surface. Tiberium quickly became a valuable resource.
As the planet's surface becomes progressively covered with Tiberium fields, a conflict between two powers unfolds across the globe. The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is the military branch of the UN that aims to maintain world peace. The Brotherhood of Nod is a clandestine society, allegedly dating back to the dawn of humanity, with a view on world domination.
Westwood Studios expanded upon their real-time strategy concept first introduced in Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty, and created two distinct sides of the conflict, each with its own unique units, technologies and strategies. While GDI has an advantage in firepower and armour, Nod often relies on large numbers of cheap and fast units, but also uses subterfuge and stealth to defeat their opponents.
Description by MrFlibble
- Command & Conquer Communications Center tip
- OpenRA (C&C and Red Alert engine recreation)
- Download Command & Conquer Gold (FilePlanet)
- Command & Conquer soundtrack
- Command & Conquer Image Gallery
- Command & Conquer Gold: Project 1.06 (unofficial patch/enhancement) tip
- Command & Conquer and Red Alert source code
- Command & Conquer: Dawn of Tomorrow (stand-alone C&C modification)
- Dawn of the Tiberium Age (C&C remake on the Tiberian Sun engine)
- Twisted Insurrection (alternate reality sequel to C&C)
- Download Command & Conquer - GDI CD (FilePlanet)
- Download Command & Conquer - Nod CD (FilePlanet)
- Vanilla Conquer (C&C & Red Alert source ports)